What Type of Black Man Loves Natural Hair?
Latest posts by Marcus Woods (see all)
- Why It’s Wrong to Call Your Hair Nappy - June 24, 2017
- Does Natural Hair Make You More Black? - May 30, 2017
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective - May 21, 2017
Have you ever asked yourself what kind of brotha loves natural hair women? A brotha that brims with delight when he sees a sista rocking her curly, kinky twist. As a black man who loves natural hair, I can give you some insight on this type of man.
The following 3 things are characteristics of a black man that’s feeling your natural hairdo:
He Is Attracted to Black Women
You may be going “duh” to this but hear me out. Black women look beautiful no matter what hairstyle they rock; regardless if it’s an afro, lacefront, weave, or wig. However, it’s something about seeing a sista that wear the hairstyle they were blessed with.
Every time I seen my ex-girlfriend wear her curly, kinky hair, it made my blood boil in private places. Admittingly, she looked nice in Eurocentric hairstyles too. But, when she decided to go natural, it elevated her beauty. It’s hard to describe but it’s like her black beauty radiated brighter than ever. Other black men who have witnessed their black wife or girlfriend undergo this hair transition shares my sentiment.
He Is Educated on Black History
As a scholarly brotha, I have tons of knowledge on a variety of subjects. However, one subject that outshines them all is black history. While the public education system won’t discuss our history (other than talking about slavery and the Civil Rights movement), we can self-educate ourselves about it. Before perms became popularized in the 20th century, sistas wore their natural hair.
Black men who know their history are appreciative of natural hairstyles. Seeing all the women back in the day with afros and ponytails put in work for the community is the main reason why.
He Is Well-Groomed
To keep it healthy, natural hair needs lots of maintenance. A brotha who’s attracted to natural hair sistas knows that. In fact, most natural hair sistas maintain their whole appearance, from hair to toe. It makes perfect sense. If your hair is going to be fly, the rest of you should be groomed as well.
It’s no coincidence that a brotha who finds you attractive is well-groomed himself. Like a wise man once told me, “You are who you attract.”
Am I right or…am I right? Let me in the comment section below!
Author: Marcus Woods
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- NHCN Podcast 006: Are Brothers Feeling Women With Natural Hair?
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Does Natural Hair Make You More Black?
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Are Black Men Missing From the Natural Hair Conversation?
- Biracial Bias in the Natural Hair Community
- The Shea Moisture Ad Fail Amid Social Media Backlash
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
- Single Dad Shatters Stereotypes About Hairstyling
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace