Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Everyone knows braids and Alicia Keys go together like peanut butter and jelly. Recently, Mrs. Keys posted three Instagram photos of her hair in small rubber band sections that went into two braids. The sections and braids were decorated with gold cuffs. The singer wore a beautiful white blouse, hoop earrings, and pearly whites to match.
Some of Alicia Keys’ gold braid cuffs looked like they had diamonds on them! In her caption, the singer said, “There’s jewels in my mind…” She’s been a trendsetter since her debut album “Songs in A Minor” in the early 2000s. Girls and women around the world became inspired with her beaded cornrows in the videos for “Fallin’” and “A Woman’s Worth.”
Everywhere you turned, there was someone rocking the same or similar style to A. Keys. One young singer by the name of Jamia Simone Nash (now known as Jamia) appeared on the Apollo stage looking like a little version of Alicia Keys. She even sang “Fallin”! Too cute!
Braids with silver, gold and other cuffs is a style that has been spreading like wildfire, but I’ve never seen anyone with diamonds or rhinestones on their cuffs. We’ll see if it catches on! In the meantime, we’re loving it!
Last year, Alicia Keys started a “no makeup” challenge. Celebrities like Tamron Hall and Gabrielle Union joined the “In Common” singer in wearing no makeup in public. Alicia Keys is currently finishing her final season as a judge on the popular NBC show “The Voice.”
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hairstyles for Formal Events- Sexy and Elegant Styles for Natural Hair
- Which Natural Hair Advice Is Right for You?
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The Shea Moisture Ad Fail Amid Social Media Backlash
- What Type of Black Man Loves Natural Hair?
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Black Women and Hair Loss: Heed the Warning Signs
- POLL: Do You Think That Older Naturals Are Missing From The Natural Hair Conversation?
- Busting The Dirty Hair Myth: Dirty Hair Does Not Make Your Hair Grow Any Faster