Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
Singer Erica Campbell from the gospel group Mary Mary may be contemplating going natural! The host of the radio show Get Up! Mornings was not feeling her “real hair” last week. Campbell wore her hair curled with a part in the middle. After the curls dropped due to the rain, she took to Instagram to let her fans know she was not pleased.
Erica Campbell released two short Instagram videos with the caption “Real hair issues. I should go natural.” In one of the videos, The singer said, “I had such high expectations for this… wearing my own hair today.” Campbell attempted to finger comb her hair to her liking but was not successful. Many of her fans loved the idea of her going natural. @Denize39 said, “I thought you were natural…do it!…”
Other fans like @pretty_much_so commented on how Erica Campbell could switch between natural and protective styling. She said, “Yes!!! You should go natural!! You can switch it up with a wig or extension if you want a straight look once in awhile.” If Campbell goes natural, she will be joining her younger sisters Tina and GooGoo in their natural hair journeys. Both sisters are also co-stars on WEtv’s reality show “Mary Mary”.
Erica Campbell has been a part of the duo Mary Mary since the late 90s. In 2014, she released her debut solo album entitled “Help.” The album won two Grammys including the category for “Best Gospel Album.” In 2015, Campbell released the album “Help 2.0”.
If Erica Campbell goes natural, we are all here for it!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Embraces Her Natural Curls, Credits Her Son As Her Inspiration
- 8 Really Good Reasons To Stop Straightening Your Hair and Go Natural
- Everyone Ain’t Supposed To Be Natural
- “I Have a Nice Interesting Grade of Hair”: Do Celebrity Comments Reinforce The Good Hair, Bad Hair Divide? [Video]
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- Hollywood Naturals
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Don’t Believe The Hype: 6 Untruths About Natural Hair
- NHCN Podcast #0023: Nubia’s Guide to Going Natural: A Conversation with Orjanette Bryant
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace