Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
Some women find their natural hair inspiration in their children. Torrei Hart, comedian Kevin Hart’s ex-wife, says she was inspired by her daughter, Heaven, to create her natural hair care line, Heavenly Hart by Nzuri. Torrei didn’t just come up with product names — she was actively involved and worked closely with Nzuri’s CEO and co-founder. Together, they worked on creating products that address hair growth as well as hair loss, an issue that affects many African-American women.
She told Essence.com: “I want her [daughter Heaven] to feel empowered and have that sense of, ‘This is who God made me. I am beautiful no matter what.'” For Torrei, it’s about creating a legacy that her daughter can be proud of.
Not only does Torrei want to empower girls, she also wants women to find the power within themselves and love themselves as they are. She’s made that her natural beauty mission. Torrei rocks a head full of gorgeous locs, and since making the decision to loc her hair, she’s been interested in natural hair care. She rejects the idea that some people have about natural hair not being sexy. “I wanted to show that that’s not true. I have locs and I feel more sexy with locs…”
She also believes that healthy, natural ingredients and products are the starting point for beautiful hair. In Heavenly Hart, you’ll find no parabens, silicones, petroleum, wax, mineral oil or sodium lauryl sulfate. It’s a vegan line, so vegans will find something to love, too.
Want to check out the new line yourself? You can find it at nzurihaircare.com, with a range of products including a shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, curl souffle and more — basically, everything a woman who loves her natural hair needs!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here