Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025
- Why is it important to be culturally sensitive as a physician when recommending hair products to women of color?
- What motivated Dr. Hicks-Graham to create her own product line for women with natural hair?
- How does LivSo, a clinically tested hair product line addresses the unique needs of women with kinky, curly hair?
This is Part 2 of our conversation with physician and entrepreneur, Dr. Shari Hicks Graham who delves into the common hair and scalp problems and concerns that her patients of color seek her guidance on. She also reveals why she developed LivSo, her clinically tested shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer hair product line based on the unique needs of her patients with kinky, curly hair.
Dr. Hicks-Graham is also the creator of LivSo, a line of shampoo, conditioner and moisturizing lotion designed for men and women with kinky/curly hair and dry, itchy scalp. Dr. Hicks-Graham drew on her medical background to create LivSo after seeing nearly 15 patients a day suffering from dry, itchy scalp as a safe, effective alternative to the “scorched earth” treatment.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Part 1: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0024
- New England Patriots and MGH Cancer Center Give a Shout Out to Coils to Locs on The Sports Hub, 98.5
- Entrepreneur Tonya Cross Is Making Waves in the Natural Hair Space: NHCN Podcast #0026
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Black Women and Hair Loss: Heed the Warning Signs
- NHCN Podcast #0023: Nubia’s Guide to Going Natural: A Conversation with Orjanette Bryant
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- NHCN Podcast 0020: Naturals Over 40 – Do We Have A Voice?
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- Why I’m Sharing My Cancer Journey [Video]