Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Lupita N’yongo fully supports young entrepreneur, model, and fashion icon Kheris Roger’s “Flexin’ In My Complexion” cause, and we think that is awesome! Last year, 10-year-old Rogers brought everyone to tears when her story of being teased because of her dark skin was shared through multiple media outlets.
Now, Rogers is celebrating herself and all the little girls like her with her ‘Flexin in My Complexin” t-shirt line she launched earlier this year. CBSLA News reported that after being teased, her older sister posted a picture on social media of Kheris with the hashtag “FlexinInHerComplexion”. After gaining support from people around the world, Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” campaign was born.
Recently, Lupita posted a photo on Instagram of her wearing blue jeans and a black shirt with Rogers’ message in yellow writing. The model topped the look off with a mustard yellow jacket and black shades. Lupita said, “I see you, I feel you, I support you… And I love my shirt!” She also told Rogers that she was “beautiful by ANY STANDARDS.” The little girl thanked N’yongo on her page and said, “Beauty has NO shade. What is on the inside is what makes you beautiful.” We can feel the love and black girl magic!
Since Rogers began her “Flexin’ In My Complexion” campaign, it has gained support from other celebrities like Alicia Keys, Drake, Lena Waithe, and more. Last week, Rogers was a guest on the Steve Harvey Show. She also attended New York Fashion Week this past September.
Lupita and other celebrities’ support of Kheris’ Rogers message is very important because it shows the need for every shade of Black to be celebrated. Plus, Nyong’o and Rogers both rock their natural hair. Kheris Rogers can be seen rocking buns, puffs, and big curly fros!
Awesome job ladies!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- “I Have a Nice Interesting Grade of Hair”: Do Celebrity Comments Reinforce The Good Hair, Bad Hair Divide? [Video]
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet