In the early 2000’s natural hair wasn’t “the movement” it has become today. In fact, I started my natural hair journey back in 2001 before natural hair regained it’s popularity following its 1960’s and 70’s reign.
Prior to 2001, I was addicted to what most would call “creamy crack” AKA perm/relaxer. I got […]
The natural hair movement gained a lot of momentum during the last few years. Black women everywhere have abandoned the perm box in return for learning how to care for their natural hair. In addition, the recent finding that links relaxers to health issues like fibroids has caused more women to […]
Why is it important to be culturally sensitive as a physician when recommending hair products to women of color? What motivated Dr. Hicks-Graham to create her own product line for women with natural hair? How does LivSo, a clinically tested hair product line addresses the unique needs of women with kinky, curly […]
Don’t miss our engaging conversation with physician and entrepreneur, Dr. Shari Hicks Graham as she shares her insights on women of color and hair loss, hair tips and strategies and what motivated her to start her clinically tested product line LivSo, which features products geared specifically for women with kinky, curly hair […]
What happens when you let your sibling or dad do your natural and they don’t know how? You might get your dad combing your dry hair. You might get your brother tangling your hair in a hairtie or worse! Check out these 3 funny YouTube videos we picked of family members doing natural hair!
“Milkshake” singer Kelis gave herself an impromptu haircut right before catching a flight. She started off an Instagram video addressing her stylist saying, “Maisha, don’t freak out but I just decided to cut my hair.” Celebrity stylist Maisha Oliver maintains the singer’s hair.
The courageous singer said after flat ironing her red-highlighted strands, she noticed […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question