It has become a common occurrence for children to be teased or sent home because of their natural hair. The psychological effects of these incidences on a child’s self esteem can be devastating. This raises the question of what we should do as parents and caregivers to help them. Here are 5 actions you can […]
Do you love natural hair and want to make money in the industry? If so, there are several ways to get started on your dream! Here are 5 ways to make money in the natural hair industry:
1. Create your own product. Put your passion into creating a product that is good for natural […]
“I’m sure my natural hairstyle prevented me from getting a couple of jobs.”
These words are uttered (or thought) by countless corporate sistas in America. Let’s face it: Some White employers are intimated by your natural hairstyle. For centuries, they have viewed your natural hair as “unkempt” and “unprofessional.” Are they right? Of course, not!
One of the best things about being natural today is that there’s so much information available. That can also be one of the worst things about having natural hair. Unfortunately, with this wealth of information, some women get overwhelmed and don’t know who they should listen to or what they should do. If you’ve […]
On June 18th, POPSUGAR posted an article about natural hair but did not feature one Black woman. This has a lot of people’s blood boiling! So, what is wrong with this picture? First, we had to read about folks calling Bantu Knots, mini buns . Then, we watched Shea Moisture do a commercial […]
Sista, when did you get your first perm? The perm has been a stable within the black community for about a century. Every black woman and their mama has been (or tempted to be) exposed to “creamy crack.” The natural hair movement is in full swing now but some sistas is still perming their hair […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace