“I’m sure my natural hairstyle prevented me from getting a couple of jobs.”
These words are uttered (or thought) by countless corporate sistas in America. Let’s face it: Some White employers are intimated by your natural hairstyle. For centuries, they have viewed your natural hair as “unkempt” and “unprofessional.” Are they right? Of course, not!
Sista, when did you get your first perm? The perm has been a stable within the black community for about a century. Every black woman and their mama has been (or tempted to be) exposed to “creamy crack.” The natural hair movement is in full swing now but some sistas is still perming their hair […]
“Marcus, it is time you go to the barbershop so you can do something with that nappy head of yours.”
My mother use to tell me that as a kid whenever my hair grew 1 month since my last haircut. As an adolescent, hearing the word “nappy” never bothered me. It was just another term […]
I woke up this morning, made my coffee and begin handling my business. As I was handling business, out of nowhere, a thought crept in my mind, “Does natural hair make you more black?” It’s an interesting question that really has no definitive answer.
For the past several years, most black women are kicking the […]
How do you like to present yourself today? Will be a classy with a touch of edge? Or professional with a sexy twist? Your hair can deliver whatever look you desire and that’s the sexiest thing about natural hair. Whatever natural hairstyle you choose illuminates your beauty in different ways.
To be honest, I can […]
Have you ever asked yourself what kind of brotha loves natural hair women? A brotha that brims with delight when he sees a sista rocking her curly, kinky twist. As a black man who loves natural hair, I can give you some insight on this type of man.
The following 3 things are characteristics of […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here