Hair professionals and patrons alike are at risk when it comes to the beauty salon.
In an unregulated industry where workers in particular are consistently being exposed to known carcinogens and other harmful ingredients with devastating outcomes, Black Women for Wellness and the Healthy Hair Initiative Project, plan to change that through awareness and empowerment.
There’s been some interesting research done on the chemicals that Black women use in their hair – chemicals that are used to make the hair relaxers, shampoos, conditioners and hairdressing products that we use to style, manage and control our locks.
The article, “How Toxic is Black Hair Care”, originally posted on New American Media/SF Bay View, goes into fascinating detail about the affects that these chemicals have on our health over time:
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question