Natural hair has a deep and rich history in America that is often forgotten about. The latest craze that has occurred within the last decade spreads wider than self-love, black pride and acceptance. The natural hair lifestyle is actually being further fed into society as healthy living has become a focus. Many are recognizing that […]
The possible extinction of relaxers in stores is a hot topic, but what about stylists who specialize in relaxed styles? In a BBC News article titled “Why Ghana’s natural hair fashion is bad for business, writer Rebecca Tsotsoo Kwei explores the natural hair movement’s effect on stylists in Ghana.
The natural hair […]
2017 offered many opportunities to watch the rise- and celebration of- natural hair in Hollywood. The natural hair lifestyle has not been embraced so openly by mainstream commercial media since the rage of wearing natural afros, which exploded in the 1970’s.
That is changing in a positive way as more and more, we see […]
Recently, Angela Simmons posted a photo of her natural hair. While many fans were happy to see Ms. Simmons progress, others were skeptical. The designer’s hair came past her shoulders. In the caption, she said, Late nights!! Natural Hair Vibes!!
One of Simmons’ fans said, “That’s not your hair. [sic] Stop lying to people.” In […]
In the early 2000’s natural hair wasn’t “the movement” it has become today. In fact, I started my natural hair journey back in 2001 before natural hair regained it’s popularity following its 1960’s and 70’s reign.
Prior to 2001, I was addicted to what most would call “creamy crack” AKA perm/relaxer. I got […]
The natural hair movement gained a lot of momentum during the last few years. Black women everywhere have abandoned the perm box in return for learning how to care for their natural hair. In addition, the recent finding that links relaxers to health issues like fibroids has caused more […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College