Alopecia, simply defined as baldness, is a condition that many women of color suffer and in many cases can avoid becoming a victim of. The condition can take hold of a perfectly healthy scalp due to illness, use of certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs, overly irritating hairstyles such as tight braids, weaves or ponytails, […]
African-American hair is beautiful. It is strong and it is versatile. But for all of those qualities, African American hair is also susceptible to certain kinds of damage that other hair types are not as sensitive to. If you are struggling with hair loss around your edges, you know this fact very well.
That is how the dictionary defines it.
There are various ways in which we can reference this word. One can shed a tear, unwanted pounds, clothing… and then there is hair.
Even the person with the healthiest head of hair can’t avoid the “natural” process of shedding.
For my sister, and Natural Haircare News co-founder, Dianne, […]
As hard as it might be to believe that the easiest method to combat natural hair loss might be sitting on your kitchen shelf, it is actually the fact. There are so many things that are normally found in the kitchen or kitchen garden, that can be used to treat hair loss and even improve […]
Men aren’t the only people who suffer from hair loss. In fact, 50% of women suffer from this form of balding by the time that they reach 50 according to the North American Research Society.
Although, thank goodness, women of color often have highly textured hair that looks thick and full, we are not immune […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Transitioners Start Here