“Marcus, it is time you go to the barbershop so you can do something with that nappy head of yours.”
My mother use to tell me that as a kid whenever my hair grew 1 month since my last haircut. As an adolescent, hearing the word “nappy” never bothered me. It was just another term […]
I came across an interesting article speaking to the subject: “Do all Black Men Hate Their Nappy Hair”.
The writer wrote the article from a perspective, after apparently reading comments that Charles Barkley made (and has made throughout his career) about black people and image. Her assessment – he is filled with self-hate.
I’m always […]
It is wonderfully refreshing to see young people embrace their natural hair. But what is even more amazing to me is gaining insights from young people who truly understand that good hair versus bad hair is just a fallacy that we as a people need to get over and quick.
In the article, “Zaire’s […]
Share your story as a guest poster and be featured on our website and social media pages just like Amanda. Click here.
CHILDHOOD: THE BEGINNING OF IMPROPER HAIRCARE
Undoubtedly, in comparison to a number of other Black women, I even dreaded the thought of getting my hair combed as a young girl. […]
We recently posed the following question to our 900+ Natural Hair Facebook community:
Click on the comments bubble to read responses
We got some interesting responses, but not the responses that we had first expected… Most people were not offended by the term “nappy” when describing their natural hair.
A lot has […]
Did I really just hear someone utter those words? Am I really even surprised?
“Everyone ain’t supposed to be natural” I heard this acquaintance of mine say as a woman in all her nappy glory walked by.
“What do you mean, I said?”
“Well some people just look better with straight hair” was her reply.
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College