I thought that I was prepared for what would come next after losing all of my hair, but I discovered that there were definitely some small things that I hadn’t anticipated. Nothing serious – just a few unexpected revelations…
Thanks for watching, sharing and subscribing.
“Changing attitudes […]
I came across an interesting article speaking to the subject: “Do all Black Men Hate Their Nappy Hair”.
The writer wrote the article from a perspective, after apparently reading comments that Charles Barkley made (and has made throughout his career) about black people and image. Her assessment – he is filled with self-hate.
I’m always […]
Seeing a head full of your own hair in a bag, (or in my case two bags), can be a sobering experience… But does our hair define who we are? It’s a question that I never had to think about until I lost my hair.
Join me as I explore this new stage in […]
I’ll also dive into the “politics” of hair and hair loss. Future topics: “My Top 10 Aha Moments When I Became Bald” and “Finding An Afro Kinky Wig Is Harder Than Finding Water in the Desert”.
A while back, we shared a story on the swirl of controversy surrounding comedian Sheryl Underwood’s comments on the show The Talk about natural hair.
Underwood is one of the co-hosts of The Talk, and back in 2013, she referenced afro hair as being “nasty”.
To be fair, let’s put the […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here