When you’ve become accustomed to relaxing your hair for most of your existence, going natural is a strong jolt of reality in how much your life alters. As with any major lifestyle change, if you are unprepared for what’s in front of you, you may become deterred- and that deterrence may make you consider […]
Every natural girl and woman will learn that humidity is their kryptonite. Humidity in the air causes major frizz- and that can lead to some disappointing hair days. For naturalistas, the longer, curlier and tighter the curl, the bigger the frizz. Understanding the science of why and how the moisture in the air impacts the […]
It’s 2017, and war is still being raged on natural hair when it comes to employment. Wait a minute — what about that fine print that says a company can’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.? Because of that disclaimer, the EEOC, on behalf of plaintiff Chastity Jones, took her case to court.
If you missed the live on national TV hair makeover on the Today Show of a black model with natural hair, you’ll want to check out the video link below.
In a segment on easy summer 60 seconds or less hairstyles, the Today Show’s resident beauty expert, Deepica Mutyala unintentionally butchered a natural model’s hair – […]
We loved this story of one woman’s natural hair journey as an American overseas.
Sheryll Donerson highlighted her experience living in Korea and the cultural differences she experienced as it relates to both hair texture and race in an article for Refinery29.
Some of the challenges that she faced included finding products geared towards […]
That is how the dictionary defines it.
There are various ways in which we can reference this word. One can shed a tear, unwanted pounds, clothing… and then there is hair.
Even the person with the healthiest head of hair can’t avoid the “natural” process of shedding.
For my sister, and Natural Haircare News co-founder, Dianne, […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College