The recent commercial acceptance of the natural hair movement has more mothers opting against adding straightening chemicals to their children’s hair- or even straightening it at all. Young children have a grade of hair that is more susceptible to damage from heat, so opting for natural hair is best. However, wearing your hair naturally […]
When it comes to natural hair, unless you are a part of the natural hair community and movement, it can be a difficult concept to comprehend. Thus, wearing natural hair and various natural styles can lead to some stereotypical ideas- and a whole lot of invasive questions. The best way to dispel these misconceptions […]
The natural hair journey is a personal experience that is not just physical. Misconceptions and ignorance about natural hair may affect us mentally and land us in situations we didn’t expect to experience. This includes in the professional world. Especially prevalent in strict corporate settings, styles like braids, locks and even natural hair in […]
It’s not uncommon that black women are approached out of the blue with questions about their hair. How did it get that way? What’s the name of that style? Is your hair “real”? At times, people may even attempt to touch a black woman’s hair- and that’s a no-no!
So, what’s the big deal with […]
Did you know that it’s actually legal to discriminate against people with loc’d hair? I didn’t, and it was shocking to me too. Many people are completely unaware that this type of discrimination is considered legal. On September 15, 2016, the U.S. Federal Court of Appeals ruled that it was legal to do so because […]
Imagine your child going to school and being threatened with expulsion because of his or her natural hair color. According to the Metro.co.uk, an 18-year-old Japanese girl who attended the Kaifukan School alleges that she was forced to dye her hair or be expelled. As a result, she endured “pain and irritation” […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place