Salon owner and natural hair blogger Carolina Contreras, also known as “Miss Rizos” is still making her mark in the natural hair community in the Dominican Republic. Some of you might remember that she was featured in the Natural Hair Care News podcast 0017 titled “The Natural Hair and the Latino Perspective with Carolina […]
Jill entered the commercial music scene during a wave of naturally celebrated “neo-soul” artists- like India Arie, Anthony Hamilton and Erykah Badu. Rocking her kinky comb-out, adorned with flowers and lovingly referred to as “Jilly from Philly”, Jill stepped in as the girl-next-door and raised the bar in the world of natural hairstyles- without even […]
Imagine that you’re walking through the airport with your freshly done twist-out. You don’t want any problems; you’re just trying to catch your flight. You’re focused on not being too weird or doing anything that would get you flagged by airport security. Then out of nowhere, it happens. You feel fingers all over your head. […]
In the world of ‘breaking the internet’ by bearing it all- and then some- business partners (and married couple) Kharan and Regis Bethencourt are working hard to change the ideas of what a mainstream viral campaign should look like.
The owners of CreativeSoul Photography decided that they were tired of seeing girls with natural hair […]
Actress Tia Mowry-Hardrict recently did the cutest natural hair tutorial with her 6-year-old son, Cree! The Game star gave some tips on how to style natural hair. Despite his hair being thick and long, Mowry said doing Cree’s hair was easy for her. In the 90’s show, Sister, Sister, Tia and her sister Tamera both had long […]
USA Today explored in a recent article the reason why the natural hair movement’s presence has surpassed Hollywood, and it uncovered some interesting facts about the beginning stages of the natural hair movement.
The article mentions natural sightings in Hollywood like Tracee Ellis Ross and Zendaya’s styles. Next, it talks about […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College