When it comes to natural hair, unless you are a part of the natural hair community and movement, it can be a difficult concept to comprehend. Thus, wearing natural hair and various natural styles can lead to some stereotypical ideas- and a whole lot of invasive questions. The best way to dispel these misconceptions […]
The natural hair journey is a personal experience that is not just physical. Misconceptions and ignorance about natural hair may affect us mentally and land us in situations we didn’t expect to experience. This includes in the professional world. Especially prevalent in strict corporate settings, styles like braids, locks and even natural hair in […]
Imagine your child going to school and being threatened with expulsion because of his or her natural hair color. According to the Metro.co.uk, an 18-year-old Japanese girl who attended the Kaifukan School alleges that she was forced to dye her hair or be expelled. As a result, she endured “pain and irritation” […]
Professor Dr. Yaba Blay is a leading ethnographer whose work includes researching global black identities, and she places a focus on the politics surrounding hair and skin color. As part of the Color Complex series at The Root, she discusses how too many conversations about hair “fall […]
I woke up this morning, made my coffee and begin handling my business. As I was handling business, out of nowhere, a thought crept in my mind, “Does natural hair make you more black?” It’s an interesting question that really has no definitive answer.
For the past several years, most black women are kicking the […]
At Natural Haircare News, we love exploring the discourse related to natural hair across the globe. It is not just interesting but it is a reminder that the natural hair journey is not isolated to any one region. Black women everywhere are embracing their natural hair and are joining forces with other black women […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place