As a natural woman, we tend to get uncomfortable questions about our hair regularly. There are many people that don’t understand the art of natural hair or wearing weaves, wigs, braids and other protective hairstyles. Often, these individuals will allow ignorance on the subject to compel them to ask inappropriate and uncomfortable questions.
Several young black girls in the United States grow up having a love-hate relationship with their natural hair. That’s because they are subjected to subliminal messaging that teach them to envy their white counterparts with their silky straight locks. As a result, black girls are accustomed to having their thick locks straightened at a […]
For years, there has been an outrage concerning the way women of color are sidelined in the beauty industry. The beauty market still continues to ignore a huge section of its market, for instance, many hair stylists don’t know how to work with natural hair and they rarely produce foundations with a wide enough color […]
Unfortunately, natural sisters, the sad truth is that corporations can write their own guidelines regarding dress and neatness policies for their employees. There are currently no federal guidelines in place that pertain specifically to hair or discrimination against hairstyles and thus, that leaves a very gray area for the employers to use at their […]
According to a recent study, women of color represent only 12.6 percent of local news anchors in the country. Therefore, it doesn’t come as a surprise that black female news anchors are constantly under pressure to conform to some expectations given that this is a space where black women are already a minority. Discrimination […]
The Toronto District School Board has been hitting the headlines for its worrying rate of student expulsion. The majority of the cases are tied to disciplinary issues, but not this time around. A school board principal removed a black female student from class, not for a disciplinary case, but for wearing natural hair. According to […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College