If you’re like many naturalistas, you’re familiar with YouTube. You can get tons of product suggestions, advice, tips and hairstyle ideas all in one place. Some of the natural hair tutorials you’ll find there can be complicated, though. Even if it’s not especially difficult to do, we’ve all had our style fails where our results […]
When popular YouTuber Jewellianna Palencia put out a video entitled “PISSED! Stylist Cuts 9 Inches off my Waist-length Natural Hair“, she probably had no idea of the firestorm that would ensue. There’s been a ton of support as well as debate over her experience. In today’s world, social media […]
Barber, Derrick Culpepper is no stranger to hair, but styling his 3-year-old daughter Linda’s hair proved to be a challenge. In an almost one-and-a-half minute video, the dad attempts to put the little girl’s hair in two puffs. While Derrick is applying products and brushing her hair, Linda does the cutest thing by encouraging dad […]
I know you are probably wondering why the use of the word dangerous is associated with something as beneficial and educative as YouTube. The reason is because of the several unhealthy natural hair practices that take place on YouTube. I will like to acknowledge the fact that YouTube can be very beneficial for managing […]
Fellow Naturalista, Keisha Charmaine has a great video for naturals who wear their hair in locs. Keisha, who has a head full of beautiful locs shares her personal strategies on how to curl your locs and these same tips can also be used with braids and twists. The video goes into detail about how […]
Seeing a head full of your own hair in a bag, (or in my case two bags), can be a sobering experience… But does our hair define who we are? It’s a question that I never had to think about until I lost my hair.
Join me as I explore this new stage in […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question