NHCN Podcast 005: Embracing Our Own Standard of Natural Beauty
(23 mins, 21 secs)
Pamela and Dianne share their viewpoints on the deeper issues inherent with embracing the beauty that is specific to black women.
From the history of slavery and its effects on our perception of our natural hair and other afrocentric features, to modern day cultural influences, Pamela and Dianne cover each end of the spectrum as it relates to our natural beauty.
Join the conversation and leave a comment below.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- News Anchor Pam McKelvy Removes Wig and Reveals Her Natural Hair on the Air
- Why Are Black Women So Emotionally Tied To Our Hair?
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- The Choice Is Yours
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- The Brothas Speak Out On Natural Hair and Beauty
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Acting Naturally: A Personal Journey