Pastor Says No To Hair Weaves In His Church
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
Now, more than ever, there are a lot of perspectives and opinions out there when it comes to how black women wear their hair.
Although, here at Natural Haircare News, we obviously advocate and support Natural Hair, we never try to judge anyone’s journey when it comes to the image they choose to present.
That said I’d be lying if I didn’t share I was more than a bit intrigued by the Pastor and his policy.
Part of his concern, aside from stating that “these women are trying to be something they are not”, stems from the fact that his parishioners have financial troubles yet still seem to find hundreds of dollars to put towards this process.
I would have to concur on the money observation.
What do you think?
Read the following article and weigh in on this controversial move by leaving a comment below.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Are Black Men Missing From the Natural Hair Conversation?
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- News Anchor Pam McKelvy Removes Wig and Reveals Her Natural Hair on the Air
- Video: Tracee Ellis Ross Shares How She Has Learned To Love The Natural Hair She Used To Hate
- Video: ‘Can I Touch Your Hair’ – The Endless Fascination With Black People’s Hair
- A Lost Black Man: A Natural Hair Perspective
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
- NHCN Podcast 0019: The Lucrative Hair Weave Market
- The Choice Is Yours
- Everyone Ain’t Supposed To Be Natural
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair