Unsure About Transitioning to Natural Hair? 6 Benefits to Going Natural
If you’re having second thoughts about going natural, the Atlanta Black Star online lists 6 benefits to consider:
1. You can save money wearing your hair natural. Maintaining relaxed hair is very expensive and going natural limits the expensive salon visits as it is easier to maintain your natural hair on your own.
2. By going natural, you help regain control of a $9 billion dollar black hair care industry. Black women invest lots of money in haircare products. Switching from chemical relaxers to natural products will help budding Black natural hair product entrepreneurs take control of the natural hair care segment of the market.
3. No harmful chemicals are needed when caring for natural hair. Did you know that the ingredients commonly found in perms and relaxers are similar to those in Liquid Drano? By relaxing your hair, you are literally pouring the same toxins used in unclogging drainpipes onto your scalp.
4. Natural is healthier. Black women who have gone natural experience less hair breakage and faster hair growth.
5. You have more style choices with natural hair. Contrary to popular belief, natural hair is more versatile than relaxed hair in that it can be worn many different ways as it grows. There is the teeny weeny afro, coils, twists, braids and up do’s.
6. Proudly wearing your hair as it grows out of your head shows the world the natural beauty of Black women.
You can read the full article here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Seriously…We Are Still Hating On Gabby Douglas’ Hair in 2016?
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- Overseas Natural Hair Journey: Living Abroad as a Black Woman With Natural Hair
- Natural Hair “Velcro Cap” Weave – An Alternative to Traditional Weaves?
- NHCN Podcast 0020: Naturals Over 40 – Do We Have A Voice?
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- POLL: Is Wash and Wear Hair Fact or Fiction for Naturals?
- Does Having Natural Hair Make it Easier To Participate In Activities That You Avoided When Your Hair Was Straight? [Poll]
- Why I’m Sharing My Cancer Journey [Video]
- A Bag Full Of Afro Kinky Hair – Look Good Feel Better [Video]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College